Friday, May 30, 2008

Oklahoma

I've been back from Oklahoma for almost 2 weeks. A large majority of the time I spent there made me want to write. Teaching every day in a classroom for two weeks gave me a brief insight into the next semester. I also realized how much I LOVE being in the classroom. Now, I have to admit some days were a little rough and I had to take my discipline up a notch, but the hard times made me a better educator.

So, some highlights of my trip:
The ride down with Josh, Curtis, and Brandon... :)
Meeting all the kids at the home
Grocery shopping... haha
Playing football with the kids
Teaching The Alchemist to 4 classes in a row for 2 weeks
Being a "cell phone wizard" haha
Sonic!
Hanging out with Carmen
Watching movies with Carmen using our SWEET set-up :)
Flavor Stix :)
Making brownies
The tour of the Cherokee Indian Reservation and the best tour guide ever: Robert :)
Playing Jr. Monopoly Toy Story edition with Brandon and Carmen
Going on a field trip
Getting hit on by little 8th graders on said field trip
Having friends call and wake me up bc they got to sleep in the next day
Getting lost with Carmen in Oklahoma City
The ride home and singing Leona Lewis "Keep Bleeding" with Curtis, Josh, and Brandon :)

There are so many other things that come to mind, but I'll stop here. I feel blessed by my new friendships and closer bonds with the others from the trip. I can't give the trip justice through a mere blog. I have learned to be patient and accepting in a new light though. My parents have blessed me so much, after working with these kids I feel so grateful... that is all.

No comments: