Monday, June 2, 2008

Summer

It's now June. I find it so hard to believe I finished my last final a month ago, but this is mainly due to the fact that Oklahoma added two weeks to my semester and work keeps me busy now. This has been a great summer though. I love that I always have somewhere to be; whether that be work, a friend's apartment or house, or whatever errands need to be taken care of. Keeping busy makes the time go by faster then I would prefer, but I have no complaints because I'm having a fun time doing everything.
Kara spent the night with me Saturday, which was great. I was especially in a good mood because the Red Wings had just won their game making it 3-1 in the finals against the penguins. I'm so sad I have to miss what will probably be the last game tonight since I work and all... However, it's kind of a fact of life that you have to do certain things you don't want to sometimes and there is no use in complaining because it doesn't change anything. Also, I have friends who will be texting me score updates throughout the night. I realize it's not the same, but it's all I have to work with.
Yesterday was my day off! I hung out with Kara and when she went into work I ran a few errands, but then.... I did nothing all afternoon. This whole doing nothing thing is now a foreign concept to me, so that was wonderful for a change.
Also, isn't that one point of having a summer vacation? Shouldn't it be a time in which you do nothing? It is, after all, important to sleep in, rest your body, take time to think, and reboot for the week ahead. So, I need to sleep more... that is all.

No comments: