Sunday, September 21, 2008

22 years

I know I'm a few days late, but I feel as though I should make some remark(s) about turning another year older... Last Thursday (the 18th) was my 22nd birthday. I've never been huge on celebrating my birthday and having a monsterous party of sorts. However, I do feel it is important to acknowledge one's birthday, so I spent it with a few close friends, which was nice. It's hard to believe I'm 22 years old, and I was reflecting back over the past 22 years remembering good time, hard times, challenging times, special times, memorable times, and wonderful, heartwarming times.

22. My first day of school...kindergarten. I sat next to Brandi Miller, who became one of my best friends all the way through elementry school.
21. Building forts with my brother and all the neighbors. I was the only girl and a total tomboy.
20. Playing basketball in the driveway all summer long with Drew.
19. My first sleepover with Bethany and Sarah when I was 8.
18. Learning to play poker with my Grandma. :)
17. Family get togethers with my Mom's side, when we ate KFC for our main course along with everything else being homemade.
16. Picking up a volleyball for the first time in 7th grade, and instantly knowing I never wanted to put it down.
15. Driving to school with Drew and jamming out to the radio.
14. Watching Friends every Thursday at 8 with my family.
13. Getting Chinese food and an old mom with my mom then spending the whole night together, just with two of us.
12. Graduating with Trent, Jamie, Ryan, Brandon, Nate, Anna, and Mike.
11. Driving to away games with the girls in high school.
10. Fallfest and Winterfest trips with the youth group.
9. MDYC trips with Samantha, Amy, Jamie, Jen, Miranda, Angela, etc.
8. Spending a week of my summer from age 8 to 20 out at MCYC, as a camper to counselor.
7. Coaching jr. high girl's volleybal with LeAnn and always going to Dairy Queen after games.
6. Winning Districts my senior year in volleyball with Jamie, Samantha, Jessica, Meghan, Melinda, and Gretchen.
5. Taking my brother to college and crying like a little girl about it.
4. My brother coming home from college to surprise me on my 17th birthday.
3. Pledging Sigma Phi and being apart of it the next 3 years.
2. Living with Lindsay 4 years at RC...so many good times there.
1. Having the best friends and family in the whole world...

No comments: