Tuesday, September 9, 2008

it's been too long...

I apologize for the lack of blogging, but the past month has been crazy to say the very least. I'm sure there are just so many out there who keep coming to my page and crying over the lack of an update...haha yeah right. I guess I'll just dive right into what's been going on and if I happen to say something profound and/or interesting in there then that will just be a bonus. :)

Jump Start was great! All of the directors, leaders, set-up crew, speakers, p/w leaders, volunteers, res. life, faculty, staff, and of course....freshman were fantastic! I hate to sound like a cheerleader from the Valley who is way too excited but oh well. :) Although I will admit parts were a bit corny, some sessions might have been a tad boring, and the schedule was hard to keep up with Saturday because of a certain red bus...(that's all I'm going to say, oh and sometimes people mistake this bus for a dog..) I'll just go right into some of the major highlights from the week:
1.) Any time with Shane when he grew a backbone and teased me...bonus points if Terrill was there to laugh at his comments.
2.) Moving around to the different groups during their small group sessions. It was cool to see the differences all the leaders made with the material we gave them and fun to hang out with the freshman too.
3.) The Deeper Still concert...I love them, enough said. :)
4.) The Candle Lighting Ceremony: by far my favorite JS memory from when I was a freshman and each year it has been a favorite.
5.) Zac Watson as a judge for the talent show. Watching him attempt to do math was hilarious.
6.) The talent show in general...it was short and sweet this year. Some of our students impressed me with their musical capabilities.
7.) Getting to know the freshman at the welcome circle.
So...thanks to everyone who "made their mark" on Jumpstart 08. :)

No comments: