Wednesday, December 10, 2008

the end or rather the beginning...

Life has a funny way of changing constantly. Here I sit, practically a college graduate. I completed all of my college courses last May and, as of last Friday, I completed student teaching including all of my seminar requirements. What's next? Well, I've subbed in Rochester the past three days, which has been great. I love teaching, and it's nice to know I will be happy doing it for the next thirty years. However, since I do love it so much, there is a drawback....the job market in Michigan. It's crazy to think even ten years ago how I would be interviewing at multiple schools right now, but today, well...that's obviously not the case.

I worked in a middle school Monday, and I was in a special education classroom with 5 students and 2 parapros to assist as well. What a crazy day that turned out to be! I have never felt so needed by students before! These 6th and 7th graders can not even form sentences to communicate what they wanted from from me. They needed hand on hand instruction, literally. I had to put the pencil in my student's hand and place my hand over top in order to help him write. I was exhausted by 2:30, but it was so rewarding to help them all so much.

Yesterday, I subbed in a CADs classroom. Basically, all the students work independently on computers designing things for engineering and architecture courses. It felt like I was a glorified babysitter, but it was great to be back at Stoney working with some of my old students and meeting some new students too.

Today, I worked as a P.E. teacher at Stoney. I know some of you are snickering. However, 4 out of my 5 classes just listened to a guest speaker who was introducing sex education. It was again great to be at Stoney. The school is so amazing. I just hope one day I end up in a school that nice!

So, I don't know where I'm going to end up. I have no idea if I'll find a job any time soon; however, I'll be praying about it, and I know God has some plan for me..that is all.

No comments: