Saturday, April 25, 2009

rain

I know a lot of people hate the rain. Let's be honest: it's annoying to drive in, messes up great hair, forms puddles and mud...everywhere, and ruins perfectly good outdoor plans. However, I love storms, and the way they smell, look, sound, and even taste. Rain cleanses everything and washes away the dirt and pain from the past...I'm speaking for literally and figuratively.
Things lately have been so crazy. I think God must sit up in Heaven and just laugh sometimes. I think I have everything figured out, and the funny part is I wasn't even trying to figure things out for once, but then...bam! God throws me a curve ball and, while hitting me smack in the head, says, "No, this is what I want you to do."
Today started sunny, warm, with hardly any wind. It was a beautiful morning. Then bam! out of no where it was pouring rain, wind speeds increased, thunder boomed throughout the sky, and lightning flashed across the clouds. Such a drastic change might seem alarming or even frightening, but I look at it as a clean slate...maybe even as a new beginning. I can't wait to see what happens after the storm of my life ends, when the last raindrops fall and I regain visibility. It's so exciting...that is all.

No comments: