Saturday, March 8, 2008

Preview of Growing up

So, it's 1:47 a.m. and, go figure, I'm wide awake. Actually, it's now 2:48 a.m. because the clocks jump forward an hour tonight... great. :) I hate losing that hour of sleep, especially at the close of my spring break. The spring break of my senior year of college is basically over, and it's back to class for me on Monday. What an interesting break it has been... I didn't go anywhere but had a lot of fun. Without having classes, I've been filling my days with teaching and work, and it felt like a preview of life after college. Don't get me wrong I spent plenty of time relaxing, heading up to lifetime, and hanging out with friends. Still, it was similar to what my life will be like in less than a year.
People keep asking me what I want to do when I graduate, and I never know what to tell them. I've mentioned before that I would not mind staying in Michigan, but on the other hand it would be amazing to try something new. However, I'm considering things I never thought I would these days. An example would be staying in Rochester over the summer, preferably in an apartment, and then finding a decent job in the area. I'm so eager to be on my own. I'm a little scared of having to pay all of my own bills because my parents have been so financially supportive of me over the year, but I know I can handle it.
Do you ever have that feeling that God has great plans in store for you, but you think to yourself, "God, can you speak up? I'm your instrument, but I need some more direction." So, I lay awake in my bed unsure of the future but so eager to see what's going to happen. I'm reminded of a quote a friend of mine used to say quite frequently, (and I'm not sure where it's originally from so that citation will have to satisfise) "I'm not sure what my future holds, but I'm sure of who holds my future plans." ..that is all.

No comments: