Monday, March 31, 2008

Post Celebration

Celebration 2008--Broadway has come to an end. I feel relieved, happy, sad, and so tired still. Celebration always seems to be the glue which holds social clubs together in the spring semester and even though I will be technically enrolled here through December, due to my student teaching, in many ways this is my last semester. Therefore, it felt like an ending.

SFDN has always held such a special place in my heart over my time at RC. There are days in which I feel stressed and upset due to the polictics that come with the group, but the bonds I have formed over the past 3 years are so special I don't regret much of anything else that had to come with it. I'm not saying social clubs are the right fit for everyone or that you'll regret not being a member of one if you go to college here. However, I think people should stop writing them off as "paying to have friends" here.

I'm so glad I got to be apart of this group. If I hadn't joined I wouldn't be friends with some of the people who are now sisters to me. There are girls in Sigma Phi who are so different from me, and I feel that in college we tend to cling to people who we have a lot in common with. Stressful events like Celebration can draw us all together. In the end we accomplish something as a team and it feels so great. So, thanks to everyone involoved in Celebration-- Stephanie, Karina, Steve, Darren, the entire tech crew, singers, dancers, hosts, actors, etc. because this was one of the most enjoyable Celebrations I have been involved in...that is all.

No comments: