Wednesday, November 26, 2008

brrrrr

A few years back someone, someone who knows me very well actually, once said, "Jennifer can't stand to be alone when it's cold outside. She needs someone to keep her warm." I laugh thinking about it now because it was said as a half joke. I am always cold...even when it's 70 degrees outside I am still cold. I thought you were supposed to be more adaptable to cold Michigan weather when you've lived here your whole life. However, the tough gene must have skipped me because I am always cold. Maybe it was growing up in my house, where the thermostat never seems higher than 64. That's only when we have company too. Usually it's 62...I wish I was just kidding there...haha So, as I freeze a little from the cold weather outside I just want to mention a few of the things that help me stay warm: a hot cup of coffee, wrapping up tightly in a blanket (which usually lends itself to an afternoon of reading if I have my way...), knee-high socks, my favorite sweatshirt (which is perfectly broken in of course), and a few intangible things. For example, my mother's smile, laugh, and the way she drinks her tea. Or watching a good movie and having someone to share it with. Perhaps, the way my dad cares about my brother and I so dearly. He is such a softhearted, wonderful father. Even the way my family teases one another in a playful manner. Maybe I'm cold on the outside, but these all warm my heart, which is far more important....that is all. :)

No comments: