Tuesday, November 4, 2008

329

Today I was the 329th voter for the 4th percident in Rochester Hills. Voting has always been a big deal for me. I went to the Secretary of State the day after my 18th birthday to register and haven't missed an election since. This is not going to be some rant about my political opinions by the way. My parents raised me to keep those thoughts private. :) However, I will talk about the importance of voting. Two hundred years ago when our country was founded we were given the right to vote (well at least white men were and since then it's spread to everyone else over the age of 18) and I hate to sound too corny, but it's a gift. My first election was in 2004, and it was a presidental election so it was all the more exciting. I'm proud to have a voice in this country. :) that is all..

No comments: