Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cliche

January 1, 2009

It's hard to believe I started this blog a year ago. I somehow feel obligated to write something about the new year today. I mean it's 2009. I bet I mess up and write 2008 for a week or so before I get it through my head that it's a new year. A fresh beginning as some might say. It is cliche perhaps and traditional to think of a resolution to go along with the new year. I've never been that great at thinking of these things. It's funny to think how the people who spend a great deal of time thinking about something to strive for in the new year actually seem to be the least likely to stick with it. If someone decides to lose weight they will probably fix their diet for a few weeks at best and hit the gym, but then slowly but surely they will have those late night snacks and hide in their houses during a snow storm to avoid traveling out to the gym. Often saying something along the lines of, "I'll just take this one day off. I did have a rough day at work."
So, what should I strive for? As silly as it may sound I prefer to think of something a little broad to focus on. This year I want to work on my fears. I do not want to be afraid of taking chances..big risks even. Since I am now a college graduate in the state of Michigan, which has just been dubbed as the state with the worst economy I want to get out of my bubble. My bubble includes the majority of my family, the house I grew up in, the college I just graduated from, and my circle of friends. However, I want to be open to whatever the Lord has in store for me...even if that means moving somewhere and starting over in a sense. I just pray that I won't let fear play a factor in my future..that is all.

No comments: