Sunday, March 29, 2009

march madness

I have always loved watching and playing sports, and the NCAA tournament is one of the highlights of my year. My heart races as I fill out a bracket and my eyes are glued to the television from the tip off of the first game until the clock expires in the final showdown. College sports are so fun to watch! It's funny to think how a lot of these players are my age or even younger now. You can see the nerves they are experiencing and the heart they bring to the court/field. The another part about college basketball that I love is the upsets. I love hearing the commentators make all these predictions before the tourney begins then....surprise! Some other team shows up and blows a #1 seed out of the water. Oh and it's even better when you watch the pregame show and they are discussing the two teams and who is favored. They will say something like, "Louisville is the team favored to win this game--they are faster, better at defense, and have a higher shot percentage. However, if MSU can slow them down they might be able to steal the win away from the Cards." It's like David and Goliath or something--oh and I love how they say "steal the win away" because the game hasn't even started but apparently a 2 seed could never compare to a 1 seed...hmm. I'm a Michigan fan personally, but I root for all the big ten teams as long as they're not playing the Wolverines.

So, here's my hats off to all the great basketball played so far this year...I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

...that is all. :)

No comments: