Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

Yes, it's my Mother's birthday and I have decided to write a little something about her in my blog. I feel as though she has earned it over the past 21 years...

First, let me start off in saying my mother is amazing. She is quite possibly the best person I know, and if I turn out half as well as she has I'm in pretty great shape. Over the past 21 years she has been one of my best friends. In that respect I have to admit she's also been one of the people I have fought with the most, but that's only because she demands so much. I admire her for setting such high standards though, and she doesn't expect anything more than she is willing to do herself.

She is sweet, and always has a comforting word to say to a friend in need. She is kind and always serving her students in and out of the classroom if need be. My mother is beautiful, inside and out. She is patient--she would have to be in order to put up my dad, brother, and me. No matter what, she puts others' needs before her own. A smile seems to be the permanent facial expression you will see her sporting. Not only is she smart, but she's humble about it--I'm her daughter so I don't have to be, my mother is brilliant. And the list goes on and on.

The thing I admire most about my mother is her relationship with the Lord. Each morning she wakes up early, gets ready for work but then takes time to sit down to eat breakfast and read her bible. She actually reads the entire bible every year--reading the book of Proverbs every month at least once. Even more importantly though, you can see Jesus in her actions. This is why I admire her. She always goes the extra mile, is slow to anger and quick to forgive, and genuinely cares about all the people in her life.

So, happy birthday to the woman who gave birth to me...that is all.

No comments: