Sunday, July 20, 2008

embrace the moments

I find myself being so impatient these days. There are just so many things I desire, and I can't reach out and grab them. They are the types of things you just must be patient and wait on. I consider myself so blessed, but I want more. I guess it's human nature; however, I find that in my case I might take this to an extreme. It seems to be a trend in my life to want to hit the skip button. There are times I think, "Just one more hour, one more day, one more week, or just a few more months and then...." (finishing that sentence varies all the time). I so often forget about the here and now. Wow, living in the present?!? What a crazy concept.

There are so many important things going on in my life, even in this moment. Sure, I'm just sitting on my couch letting my fingers glide across my keyboard, but how awesome is it that I have time to sit and write? It's something I love to do and here I am "living the dream" and doing it. I sound like a hallmark card or some corny after school special...but I'm over it. I'm corny and not ashamed. My goal for the next month is to stop myself from wanting to hit the fast forward and instead maybe try to put things in slow motion instead. (I'm loving this whole remote control analogy tonight I guess.) I might also take use of the pause button and truly savor moments. In a short time I will be so busy with work and student teaching I might not have much time to be corny and write on here. I'd really miss this too if that does happen.

Here's to those moments worth savoring, may there be more of them in the near future...that is all.

No comments: