Sunday, July 6, 2008

the mole

I have a confession to make: I love watching The Mole on t.v. (actually I watch it online because I usually work Monday nights when it airs, but you get the idea). In a nutshell there are 12 players: 6 women, 6 men, with ages ranging from 20 to 60 years old, all of different occupations, etc. you get the idea. They have traveled to Mexico in order to compete in missions each episode; however, one of the team members is being paid to sabotage the missions. At the end of every show the players must take the quiz, which consists of 10 questions about the mole's every move and the player with the most incorrect answers gets sent home.

As I watch the show I also make my own assumptions as to who the mole is. I find myself running into trouble though because when I watch the shows I see EVERYTHING. This includes confessions and behind the scene footage, which only the viewers at home have the "advantage" of watching. Now, I say all this to make a point. I watch the show alone, but always discuss with LeAnn my "big sister" :) We used to watching it back when I was in high school too and analyze everything, making our own assumptions as to who might be the mole. As I told LeAnn though I hate having to see/hear everything. There are too many voices influencing me. I wish I could just observe everything without having to be mislead.

As I was telling this to LeAnn it struck me this is similar to life itself. There are so many voices bussing around. Which ones do we listen to? There is a quote, and sorry I can't recall who said it, that goes, "One of the hardest things in life is knowing which bridge to keep and which bridge to burn." Who are the true friends in our lives that we can trust? Who should be listen to and allow to influence ourselves? This is a challenge I find myself struggling with...all we can do is hope and pray that the people who love, respect, and trust will do their best to not let us down...that is all.

No comments: