Sunday, August 3, 2008

august

I can't believe it's already August. There is just so much to do in the next couple of weeks. First, it's my last week at the store. I love my job, and I'm so sad to quit. :( The people I work with have become so important in my life...duh. I spend 50+ hours a week at my store, of course I'm going to get close to the people I work with every day. I used to have some harsh judgments about Abercrombie and Fitch, though I never hated the store like so many people I know. However, the people there are amazing! They aren't snobby or arrogant (well at least most of them aren't) but instead they are kind, caring, funny, and pretty darn awesome.

Jump Start is only a week away!!! I can't wait for all the leaders to move back next week and then all the freshman to arrive on the 14th. Looking back 4 years ago to when I was moving on campus to play volleyball makes me smile. I can't wait to be one of the first people to welcome them to Rochester College. The next few years of their lives will be some of the most memorable and important and I have the blessing of playing a major role in that. Hopefully I don't mess it up too badly. :)

After JS I'm planning to go to Nashville for 4 or 5 days. I want to spend some time with my big brother and uncle especially. It's still sooooooo weird that my brother lives there officially now. I'm so excited for him. When I visit its like a preview of what my life is going to be in a few months after graduation. If I only knew where I'll be moving after December 13th. God will provide this I know. :)

Then lastly I will start student teaching! How amazing is it that I'll have my own class for a whole semester. I'll get the chance to know my students' names, strengths, weaknesses, quirks, etc. Spending every day in the classroom will be challenging, but I'm ready to step up my game. I just pray that I will be effective as a teacher and taken seriously. Looking so young has always made my placements interesting....I'm going to have juniors mainly in the fall so 5 years will separate me from my students. I've learned so much in the past five years of my life. I'm going to do my best to share the knowledge I have with my students. Maybe my youth will be an advantage in being able to relate to my students.

So...August here I come! ..that is all. :)

1 comment:

Calvin Moore said...

Good stuff. I like your writing. Here's wishing you all the best as you move into student teaching.