Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

I don't want to have a favorite parent, so after posting on my mom's birthday I have to give a shout out to my dad on his birthday 3 days later. To be honest I've always been a daddy's girl. It might have started at a young age with one of those t-shirts that say, "I love my Daddy" but however it began it stuck.

My dad is a hard worker and a man of integrity. His job is very important to him, but more than that he makes time to be the president of the board for VCA, he attended practically every sporting event, concert, science fair, etc. that I was involved with in school, and he always finds time in this busy schedule for our family.

He is also one of the most generous people I have ever seen. It does not matter what the circumstances are, he's always there to lend a helping hand. I've seen him buy meals for so many people, loan out al sorts of things to people who need them, and buy Christmas or Birthday presents for people from church or work it's crazy.

However, my favorite thing about my dad is his sense of humor. This is probably because it as so like my own--very sarcastic. I especially love when he and my brother are together. There are so many times I have laughed so hard I couldn't even catch my breath.

He's just the best, that is all. :)

No comments: