Wednesday, April 9, 2008

prayer

Prayer is a very powerful tool. I strongly suggest everyone keep a prayer journal because a) it's the best accountability partner a person can have b) you will see prayer working in your life c) it will help you improve your prayer structure d) it's nice to look back later and see how much you've grown spiritually.

I have gone through phases in the past 4 years of college in particularly but lately I just want to get back to prayer. My body is aching for it. Yes, I have a physical pain because my prayer life has been lacking lately. My stomach is in knots and I have never felt so far away from God. I just need my heart to be broken. My environment needs to improve. Work, school, and everything else is just too stressful, and I'm tired and hurting.

I'm going to change it up. Try and get back to my spiritual walk because I've left the path and find myself wandering to the road, which is wide and easy to travel. However, in the end it doesn't take me anywhere good. I'm hurting and it took me far too long to see what I need is prayer. I'm starting now, and I'm pledging to get back to the way I used to be a few months ago. I feel like it's conditioning. I've taken a few months off so my body is out of shape and needs to be broken. It's going to hurt for at first, but soon I know I'll be better off for it.

I ask for prayers as I make an effort here to get closer to Jesus...that is all.

1 comment:

Eric said...

You've got prayers. Let me know if you want to talk.