Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rough Week

I've neglected to write this week just because I was busy the first half (which I really don't mind) and the past two days have just been rough! So, I'll go ahead and do the typical this is what's been going on in my life sort of blogs...
Monday: classes all morning, jump start meeting all afternoon, coffee outing, worked all night, and then came back to ferndale and tried to crash, but I just couldn't fall asleep. I actually am enjoying my classes for the most part this semester. Sometimes they might seem pointless, but what semester isn't filled with its share of "busy work"? Jump Start is actually fun. I find myself enjoying the meetings because I like to think of creative things and planning something like this is challenging, but I also find it to be rewarding. Also, Ashley, Shane, and Terrill are great to work with which makes the job even more enjoyable. Coffee was good; I mean it was Starbucks... no brainer though. I needed a good laugh too and Nick is always good for that. Work was fine. It was kind of slow being a Monday night when the weather was kinda nasty and I do work at an outdoor mall.... I love the people I work with though! It's one of the best jobs I've had because everyone (for the most part) is so laid back.
Tuesday: I woke up early to go "teach" at Stoney. I use the quotes because I'm more of a glorified observer who steps in to give tutoring-like help sometimes. However, soon I will be taking over and teaching lessons all by myself... in about 2 weeks I think, scary thought! Then I came back here and was on a huge caffeine high which started to wear off about halfway through my own history class. 6:08a.m. to 4:17p.m. is a looooong day. After that I relaxed until the sfdn meeting at 7 which was at bdubs and not really a meeting. I would classify it as a social outing.
Wednesday: I will classify this as black Wednesday. The day started off as mildly annoying then got worse and worse until it reached horrible, it did peak right at the end though. :) First the sidewalks were covered in what can only be classified as slush which was annoying to walk through to my 3 classes all day. However, all of my classes ended early which was nice. Then as I was on my way to work my car just kind of died. I barely got off the road and into a parking lot. So, I had to get a ride to work and then after work when it still would not start (and it was not the battery I tried to jump it myself, yes I know how to jump a car... shocking I know). It just revs and the engine won't turn over, sad. The best part was having a good friend cheer me up though. It's great to have someone care about you like that. It really shows you who's important in your life.
Thursday: Well that would be today, so I'm pretty sure I still recall what happened. First my 8a.m. class got canceled and I had found out just before bed, so that made it even nicer with the sleeping in. Next I went to class and assembly followed by lunch. Here's where my day gets interesting. You see I am the type of preson who lives to be independent. However, I have so many people in my life who are so eager to help me that I find myself utilizing them. But this time I called roadside assistance and took care of everything all by myself. There are something so fulfilling about taking care of my own problems. I'm still slightly concerned about being responsible for all my own stuff in a year, but this was a nice to have this preview and realize I might be able to take care of myself more than I thought....that is all.

No comments: