Thursday, January 17, 2008

A&F Blues

Some days I love my job, others.. well you know. Yesterday as I walked into work I was in a good mood. This is surprising because all day I had been dreading it and was somehow hoping that I would need to attend to an emergency of some kind and get out of it. However, I was not that fortunate. A shocking thing happened though when I got there... I decided to make the best of it and have a good time, which is what you should always do at your job and if that's impossible for you to do then maybe you need a new job. (Just a thought...) As I begin to joke around and challenge my fellow co-workers to fold-offs I saw an opportunity. EVERYONE was just in a bad mood. I started to get torn down myself then had to stop, step back, and rethink the situation. (This is something new I've been trying, the whole take a step back, breathe, evaluate the situation then see what you can do to improve it.) I began to get annoyed. Didn't these people know I was in a good mood and they were killing it? How selfish... of me. I had been given a gift, or rather, an opportunity to cheer these people up. So, that's what I did for the 5 hours I was with them. I have no idea how successful I really was, but I do know that for a short period of time they got to be amused by my ridiculous antics and, hopefully, forget whatever was going on in their lives outside of A&F to make them so melancholy. My overall challenge is three-fold (for all you Friends fans out there...) 1.) Don't let others tear you down, inside use it as a chance to lift them up 2.) Make the best of any situation you find yourself 3.) Have fun and enjoy life whenever you have an opportunity, and sometimes you have to make your own opportunities.... that is all.

No comments: