Monday, January 21, 2008

Give me a break

Yes, it's sad but I must admit the kit-kat jingle came to mind as I was thinking of how to title this blog post. This weekend I have done nothing productive. I am currently in Ohio and every day I have slept in and lounged the majority of the day just relaxing and almost falling asleep. Yesterday I even too a little nap... for about 2 hours. However, the Sunday afternoon nap is tradition and there's just something about getting up going to church, sitting through the service (usually thinking about how the singing might be improved; I am guilty) and thinking about lunch as soon as the final prayer ends, then eating a ridiculous amount of food and crashing. I mean it just isn't Sunday if this routine is not strictly enforced.
Now, I don't have any classes today and part of me was tempted to get a head start of the week ahead and maybe even next week. However, after careful consideration I have changed my mind. I never go a weekend without doing homework, so I'm taking this time to do nothing. However, in all this relaxation I do want to remember why I have this time.
Martin Luther King Jr. was a great man, and today we need to remember all the good that he did on behalf of the civil rights movement. Take a moment to honor this great man today... that is all.

No comments: