Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thinking.... But Not Over Doing It

It's funny how often people have a tendency to over think what should be the rather simple. I am guilty of this myself. I worry about the things I can't even control to the point of thinking how to avoid tragedy. The irony in this is that most of the things I get myself stressed over, surprise, surprise... NEVER HAPPEN. Often we want to say this is a "girl thing" and the female sex is guilty of overanalyzing far more often than men. I would like to make an argument against this accusation because stereotypes are just so overrated. We are all guilty of this whether we want to fess up to it or not.
As I continue to add to the list of things I want to work on this semester-- over thinking is moving up on the list. I pledge to never over think anything ever again... okay let's be a little more realistic. I will try my best to cut back on over thinking things, especially the things I cannot control.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change those I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

...that is all.

No comments: