Friday, January 4, 2008

It Starts...

I have always refused to start a blog. This is simply due to the fact that I did not want it to become one of those "Dear Diary" things where I wrote in it consistantly for a week or two then never touched it again. However, I'm going to conform to the trend that started years ago and just see how I manage.
So, it seems appropriate to start with the whole it's another new year, 2008, and what my resolutions are going to be for the next year of my life. I've never been too serious about resolutions. I always ponder a few possible ideas and try to make one, but it's never something like: lose weight (that would be ridiculous in my case), make more money (I'm going into education, clearly this isn't something I'm too concerned about), or quit smoking or drinking (I'd have to start one of those habbits in order to quit). Instead I like to take this opportunity to try and improve my spiritual walk in some way, shape, or form.
I know what you're thinking, I'm corny and even a tad bit trite. I'll be the first to admit it sounds that way. God is the most important aspect of my life though. He is the one part of my life that is always constant.
In the past year I look back and realize so many things have happened. The plans I had laid out for myself could not be further from the way things have turned out. So "Thank God for Unanswered Prayers" (Yes, I'm stealing much of my blogging material from the titles of country congs, thanks Garth) In the past year I have lost friends and gained new ones and thanks to Tracy Lawrence I've "found out who my real friends are..."
The past year was by far the hardest one I have gone through. It was also one of the best! It's true that nothing worth having does not come without a fight, pain, or loss. So, it is 2008. I will graduate college at the end of this year and be thrown out into the "real world" of hopefully teaching high school students the rest of my life. This year I hope to grow in the Lord. My goal is to give up all the things I worry about and stress over to Him because I'm pretty sure He can handle it. That is all...

No comments: