Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Timing

When will things ever fall into place? I keep praying that God will reveal his plans to me. He has a serious sense of humor when it comes to relationships in my life. Yes, I’m finally resolving to dive into the topic I've been avoiding like the plague-- I'm referring to my relationships, which make up a significant part of any person's life, and which I have avoided mentioning up until now because I have felt like they should remain private. However, I can't discuss the past week without just admitting that is what I'm referring to here.

I am anxious. I wish I knew the end of my story. When I first pick up a novel I am always tempted to cheat and look ahead to the ending. I'm also a little mushy and admit that I like the happy endings. In my life, I want to fast forward into the future and see what God has in store for me. Like any good novel I know it will have its twists and turns, ups and downs, zigs, and zags... etc. However, also like any good novel, I know the ending is going to be amazing because God has written more "best sellers" than J.K. Rowling...

So, I'm listening for His voice and waiting for His hand to turn me in the right direction. Maybe this is some way for my will and heart to both be strengthened? I must at least try to take this opportunity to learn some patience and open my ears in order to listen in Him. That is all.

No comments: