Sunday, January 13, 2008

Growing Up

Today was a day for self-reflection. In a nutshell, I have not been really happy with certain areas of my life for awhile now, and today it really hit me. I have wanted to blame the people around me instead of talking responsibility for myself. Then it hit me, if I'm the one with the problems maybe it's not everyone else, maybe, just maybe, it's me who needs to make a change. Something I've always struggled with is admitting when I'm wrong and although I've gotten a little better over the past few years, I still have a long way to go. So, here I am admitting I've been wrong... a lot. I need to grow up and start being more of an adult. I need to be less selfish and start thinking about how what I say or do affects others. This is just a glimpse at the thoughts that are plagueing my mind right now, but I'm praying about it. I will continue to pray about it, and I do ask for your prayers too. It's a lifelong journey, but I have to make en effort to start somewhere, here I go...

No comments: